WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
- I, the customer who electronically signed, hereby acknowledge and agree to the following:
- The Coronavirus (“COVID-19”) pandemic is a present risk to human health. COVID-19 is highly contagious and has a mortality rate potentially greater than the flu. COVID-19 can spread easily and exponentially. While people of all ages are at risk of catching COVID-19, persons especially at risk are those with compromised immune systems and the elderly. Persons over 65 years of age may be at particular risk as well. In order to reduce the spread of COVID-19, the State of California, as well as many California cities and counties have issued “Safer at Home” or “Shelter in Place” orders, with exceptions for essential activities.
- I understand the hazards of COVID-19 and am familiar with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) guidelines regarding COVID-19. I acknowledge and understand that that the circumstances regarding COVID-19 are changing from day to day and that, accordingly, the CDC guidelines are regularly modified and updated and I accept full responsibility for familiarizing myself with the most recent updates.
- Notwithstanding the risks associated with COVID-19, which I readily acknowledge, that I am receiving a referral from Aloha Maids Referral Agency. I also understand that the referral is an independent service provider.
- I shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the RELEASEES from and against any and all claims, demands, suits, judgments, losses, or expenses of any nature whatsoever arising from or out of, or relating to, directly or indirectly, my potential and/or actual exposure to COVID-19. I declare that I agree to take all recommended and reasonable actions to protect myself and others from exposure to COVID-19, and that I assume the risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19, as applicable.
- It is my express intent that this Waiver and Hold Harmless Agreement shall bind any assigns and representatives, and shall be deemed as a RELEASE, WAIVER, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the above-named RELEASEES. This Agreement and the provisions contained herein shall be construed, interpreted, and controlled according to the laws of the State of California.
I HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL OF ANY DISPUTE ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT
IN SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT, I ACKNOWLEDGE AND REPRESENT THAT I have read the foregoing Wavier of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement, understand it, and sign it voluntarily as my own free act and deed; no oral representations, statements, or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement, have been made to me; I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent; and I execute this Agreement for full, adequate and complete consideration fully intending to be bound by it.
Terms may change without notice.
Click here for a printable version of this agreement