Renters, here’s the ultimate move out cleaning checklist you can double check to make sure you’d get your security deposit back from a landlord.
Before giving back the keys to the owners, a move out cleaning checklist is almost required to all renters and most contracts state an agreement that the house should be completely clean – after all, the security deposit is at stake. Or maybe, you’re this owner who just sold the house, you want to make sure the property is ready before your new tenants move in. Whatever the case, the ultimate goal is: make this place ready for the new people who’d be calling it their new home.
- Just like any other regular cleanings, it is best for a move out cleaning to begin by dusting surfaces from high up to the lower areas or from top to bottom.
- Dust ceiling fans; wipe down walls; window and window ledges; wash and wipe doors ; sweep, vacuum and mop floors; dust vents and exhaust fans; dust blinds
- You may also need to work on stages because move out cleaning all at once can be overwhelming. This means start with the areas that are being used the least such as the guest room.
- Kitchen: empty out and clean the fridge; oven and then stove top; dishwasher and then sink and countertops; clear out cabinets and end it with vacuuming to make sure crumbs were removed.
- Bathroom: scrub shower; sink and faucet handle; bowl including the tank; and clear out all cabinets.
- Laundry Room: clear out and deodorize machine; clean both outside of washer and dryer.
- Outside: mow the grass in the lawn; sweep patio, porch, balcony or the walkway
- And lastly, allot a time for a last-minute move out cleaning because just when those furniture were removed, it is when those dirts and scuffs get exposed. Even if you’ve spent a day in cleaning before the actual move-out, there are areas you may have to double check like the bathrooms since you must have used this part up to your last-minute stay in the house.
While handling it, yourself, can save you money, hiring a house cleaning service for the move out cleaning can help you check-off this list easier. Let them get busy instead in making this house clean again so you can concentrate on other important matters like packing up, moving in, insurance concerns and even changing of mailing address.
Move Out Cleaning Checklist
Aloha Maids has always been everyone’s one-stop house cleaning partner. We are dedicated to providing you with the highest quality house cleaning services. If you wish to book for a house cleaning service near me, call us directly at (888) 99-ALOHA or visit our official website, www.alohamaids.com and schedule a cleaning appointment. For additional questions and inquiries, you may also email us at email@example.com. Not only will you be able to enjoy the benefits of living in a clean and healthy home, but you’ll also have more time to spend with your family and friends. Take a vacation from house cleaning. Call us today!