Thanksgiving Day is one of the most popular celebrations in America. If you plan to host a Thanksgiving dinner this year, here are some house cleaning checklists to prepare before the event.
Traditionally, Thanksgiving Day is celebrated through a family dinner, where everyone in the household gathers together in one meal and enjoys the moment. If you are planning to host this year, don’t leave everything at the last minute. Make sure to at least prepare the necessary things to do before the party starts.
3 days before the celebration:
- Clean the common areas where guests will mostly be staying. It is usually the living room and the dining area. Make sure to arrange the things in the proper places to give more space.
- Wipe the tables, chairs, and windows. Do not also forget to mop the floor and to prevent dust.
- Replace your pillow cases and table clothing. You can use Christmas theme since Thanksgiving Day is the start of the Christmas season
2 days before the celebration:
- Clean the bathroom area. Do deep cleaning as much as possible. Scrub down your toilet bowls properly and refill your bathroom soaps and handwashing dispenser.
- Prepare rooms for guests who need to stay in after the party. Make sure to provide a comfortable bed and other important things like toiletries.
1 day before the celebration:
- Clean the kitchen in preparation for the cooking time. Make sure that all cooking materials are well cleaned and sanitized.
- Properly wash and clean the ingredients like vegetables, and meat.
- Prepare ahead the necessary items in the table like plates, glasses, spoons, forks, and table napkins
After the celebration of Thanksgiving Day:
- Pack leftovers and put it in the fridge.
- Wash the dishes and bring them back to their designated areas.
- Collect all waste and garbage, and put them outside your house.
- Clean and mop down the areas where guests stayed.
These are some tips you can follow in order to make cleaning on Thanksgiving Day less stressful. These 3-day checklists can make you plan ahead to make things in order.
If you wish to ask for assistance, you may contact Aloha Maids in Los Angeles through our 24/7 online booking services and customer assistance. We are open 7 days a week, so you can schedule us anytime you want.
Take your well deserved house cleaning vacation with Aloha Maids!