How to Prepare
Below is some important information about: How to Prepare for House Cleaning
Before we begin, we highly recommend, for everyone’s security and safety, that you buy a lock box if you are not going to be in the house when the house cleaner(s) arrive(s). Also, we would recommend a security camera. The Yi home camera is very affordable $30- $50 and has video, audio record with cloud storage and motion detection sensor.
10 steps to prepare
1. If you have any valuables including money, coins, or jewelry it is best to stow them away.
2. If something is broken, please tell the house cleaners in advance, so that they can know to avoid certain parts of the house. If something is fragile, please tell them not to touch it, or how it should be handled.
3. If you have clutter, put it to the side.
4. To avoid embarrassment, put dirty undergarments into your closet, drawer, or laundry hamper.
5. If you have pets, please clean up after them. Their responsibility is cleaning your house, not your pet’s homes. Please put large dogs outside.
6. Please do not point or ask the house cleaners to clean the same area more than once. House cleaners will do best when they are undistracted.
7. Be kind when evaluating their work, use the “Aloha Spirit.” House cleaning is very arduous labor.
8. Tips are much appreciated. 10-20% is the average amount.
9. Open communication is important. For best result, use our recommended service menu or create your own check list and leave it for the house cleaner(s).
10. Do an inspection with the house cleaner(s), make sure they have cleaned those high priority areas to your satisfaction before they leave.