The unpleasant smell coming from your dishwasher can only be blamed on these 3 culprits: food scraps stuck on filters; grease and oil build-up causing bacterial growth; and mold or mildew caused by standing water. These are all inevitable! So check out these suggestions on how to most effectively banish those bad odors and make them part of your next house cleaning routine.
- Clean the filter. Usually located at the bottom of the machine, you should be able to pull out this part and hand wash it. Use hot water to rinse and scrub gently with dish soap. This is the same part where food particles and greasy oil are trapped which both cause the bacteria to grow leading to this foul odor.
- Wipe down interior parts. Other areas that store food particles are the dishwasher’s interior parts like the spray arm and water hose so you’d like to check into these, too. Not only those trapped food particles can cause odor but they can lead to clogging so grab a scrub brush or even a toothpick to clean and get them unclogged.
- Check garbage disposal. Most often, dishwashers and garbage disposal share the same central hose so disconnect them for a while and thoroughly clean them. This part can get nastier specially when left uncleaned for a period. After this, consider making it a part of a house cleaning routine so the next time won’t be as nasty as the first time.
- Wipe down significant parts. Be sure to wipe down the dishwasher’s walls, door lip and gasket. Snicky food may linger on these major parts so get rid of all of them using a soapy rag.
- Make your own solutions. Just like house cleaning, you can make your own cleaning solutions to be used. A mixture of white vinegar and your favorite essential oil will save your day!
This machine is made to automate the job of washing dishes. But when it starts to give you an unsavory odor, it is the cue that you need to go back to manual job cleaning. But if time is restricting you, then have this added as an extra job to your next house cleaning appointment. So contact your cleaning crew now.
Contact details for the sites.
Aloha Maids has always been everyone’s one-stop house-cleaning partner. We are dedicated to providing you with the highest quality house cleaning services. If you wish to book a house cleaning service near me, call us at (888) 99-ALOHA or visit our official website, www.alohamaids.com and schedule a cleaning appointment. For additional questions and inquiries, you may also email us at email@example.com. Not only will you be able to enjoy the benefits of living in a clean and healthy home, but you’ll also have more time to spend with your family and friends. Take a vacation from house cleaning. Call us today!