Home cleaning won’t consume your life when you make it a family affair because even tiny hands can help! Check out this new year’s resolution!
Holidays are over and it’s time for new year’s resolutions. Others want to become healthier while some aim to become wiser. Some are listing down intentions on how to become better at work while others just want to jumpstart their year starting with cleanliness of their very own home. If you’re the latter, then don’t overthink because home cleaning can become a family affair. It doesn’t have to consume your time nor should it take the biggest chunk of your life. How to? Check out below!
- Get the rest of the household in. Even tiny hands can help but start the plan with a good conversation. Sometime over dinner, discuss what needs to be done and how to do it. Make everyone agree about assigned responsibilities while taking into account everyone’s cleaning preferences. Realistically, we can’t expect too much from the tiny ones and granted that getting kids to help makes you worry at times they may break some precious things. But make them feel secure by letting them make mistakes.
- Make it a game. House cleaning can be demotivating sometimes but you can turn it into an interesting thing by turning them into fun games. Make it a simple challenge like putting away toys in a minute and who does it more. It’s true though that sometimes kids expect a price. So better yet, be prepared for one. Giving kids their own age-appropriate cleaning tools is also one good idea.
- Make it a habit. Teenagers are good house cleaners, if house cleaning is established as their habit. They can vacuum, do dusting, laundry and they can already complete bedroom cleaning. A checklist containing morning and evening routines can help until these become their habit. Besides, cleaning won’t sound like a chore anymore if it has become second-nature.
- Make it a job. Pay them as if it’s their job. For small kids, it can be little prices like sweets and cookies. But for teenagers, money is the deal. Young people have many wants and they’d like to buy stuff on their own. Teaching kids can benefit the family in the long run while letting them enjoy what they have worked for. In a way, it’s preparing them for the real world of getting paid for a completed job at work.
- Set an example. House cleaning and doing it as a family is a good tip but a more relevant tip is setting an example. Kids will follow your example more than what you say or what’s the checklist for the day.
Remember, these kids – whether the tots, the little kids or the big ones – are only helpers. They may not do it perfectly all the time but they will learn in their own time. The important thing is they are joining you in this endeavor of making your home cleaner and brighter.
And as always, if the house cleaning routine continually makes life hard, you can depend on maid services, maids’ referral agencies near me and you and get help from professional cleaners. These service providers can give weekly, bi-weekly or monthly cleaning to your precious abodes.
Aloha Maids has always been everyone’s one-stop house cleaning partner. We are dedicated to providing you with the highest quality house cleaning services. If you wish to book our cleaning services and schedule an appointment, call us directly at (888) 99-ALOHA or visit our official website, www.alohamaids.com. For additional questions and inquiries, you may also email us at email@example.com.
Not only will you be able to enjoy the benefits of living in a clean and healthy home, but you’ll also have more time to spend with your family and friends. Call us today!