Improper cleaning, such as using chemicals, can result in permanent property damage or, even worse, harm to cleaners. Read these tips to protect them.
As much as professional cleaners want to achieve a squeaky clean home, this is still impossible to attain if they do not use cleaning products appropriately, particularly those containing chemicals. Instead, it will turn out to be ineffective and inefficient such as smudges on glasses, some remaining residue on tables or drawers and many more. If this occurs, the work will undoubtedly become more stressful since they will have to repeat the process. Aside from that, poor cleaning not only harms the property but also puts workers in danger, especially their health. Several cleaning chemicals can be hazardous, leading to skin rashes, burns, breathing problems, and even more serious medical conditions. Moreover, exposure to these chemicals can cause a lot of side effects to our body and even worse, life threatening.
Proper training for employees or commercial cleaners is essential to reducing these risks and dangers. If you manage a cleaning firm or have employed a personal cleaner, use the following tactics to educate and protect them:
- Providing protective equipment to your cleaners– PPEs such as masks, gloves, and even cleaning suits are essential while working with chemicals. This avoids direct contact with chemicals in the event of an accident, such as a spill.
- Train your employees to read labels carefully- reading labels and instructions, such as cautions and warnings, is strongly suggested before utilizing the products. This will provide you some guidance on how to use the product.
- Train staff on mixing chemicals- provide sufficient training and guidance to your cleaners on how to combine chemicals in a safe manner. Certain chemicals should not be mixed, so let them know ahead of time.
- Provide proper storage for chemicals- establishing proper storage such as cabinets and drawers can prevent accidents especially when there are kids at home. It is best to keep them away from children and direct sunlight.
- Train them how to respond during accidents- when terrible things happen, they must know how to react quickly, such as dialing 911, cleansing their skin, evacuating to fresh air, and so on. This will keep things from growing any worse.
It is always our primary responsibility as owners and employers to look after our cleaners. We couldn’t provide the greatest service to our clients without them. For a better and safer working environment, try using eco-friendly cleaning products to avoid accidents happening.
Looking for a maid agency that gives utmost care to everyone, especially your home? Then we are delighted to inform you that we have Aloha Maids on Los Angeles to help you out!
If you wish for Aloha Maids to visit your humble abode, we’re available anytime, including weekends. You can book now and have your services delivered tomorrow, or book today and have them delivered on the same day; either way, we’ve got you covered. ALOHA!