Is 15%-20% a rule of thumb? Many would say it depends on several factors. Read on when curious on how much to tip a house cleaning service.
In general, the expectation about tipping is customized. And although not required, it’s typically appreciated. So let’s review the factors or etiquette for tipping a house cleaning service that just made your home sparkling clean, taking the house cleaning task off your plate entirely making you free for the weekend.
- Tipping policy. The business of the house cleaning industry has been revolving and tipping has been made easy lately as tipping policies are often seen on the company websites. Another easy way is to ask straight to their customer support by the time you are calling to book for a house cleaning service. You’d sometimes come across a policy where tips are built into the standard rates.
- One time or Recurring. Recurring services generally are when cleaners can least expect to be given tips. But a year-end bonus is most likely to happen. For one time, expectations are greater and house cleaners generally look forward to receiving.
- Assess the result. You’ll find yourself not wanting to tip especially if you’re not very happy with the result. The good news is: house cleaners always want their clients to be happy with their job so, if unsatisfied, don’t be hesitant to let it be known. Most cleaners often come back and finish the job to your expectations. If all is done and now you’re happy, it’s when it’s just highly right to give them a tip.
- Agency vs. self-employed. To keep the business running, house cleaning service agencies typically take a percentage of their cleaners’ rates. But if they’re self-employed, they set their own rates. Given this, you might like to consider giving higher tips to cleaners hired from an agency more than you would for those self-employed.
- Interesting gifts. Cold hard cash tips remain a gold standard. But there can be other acceptable forms of ways, too, for you to express appreciation for the wonderful completion of a house cleaning service. How about unused clothings, a gift card or bottle of wine? Cleaners for sure would love it.
To tip and not to tip is not a discussion whether which one is right or does it make the other wrong. At the end of the day, it’s a self- decision. It can be ethical and cultural or can be the most appropriate thing to do, according to how you look at it.
Aloha Maids has always been everyone’s one-stop house cleaning partner. We are dedicated to providing you with the highest quality house cleaning services. If you wish to book for a house cleaning service near me, call us directly at (888) 99-ALOHA or visit our official website, www.alohamaids.com and schedule a cleaning appointment. For additional questions and inquiries, you may also email us at email@example.com.
Not only will you be able to enjoy the benefits of living in a clean and healthy home, but you’ll also have more time to spend with your family and friends. Take a vacation from house cleaning. Call us today!