Ever opened your refrigerator and a very strong, stenched odor unexpectedly welcomed you? A simple wiping isn’t the answer. But hacks can!
So you’ve removed all those spoiled food and wiped all the spillages and yet that revolting odor is still lingering. Yes, there are many hacks you can try to combat the problem. But before diving into them, let’s try to understand first why there’s a need to deep clean your fridge.
Eating clean and healthy is non-negotiable. The most essential appliance to be kept clean and taken good care of to maintain good food practices is your refrigerator. Dirty refrigerators can be home to certain bacteria that may cause food-borne diseases which may lead to food poisoning. Decomposed vegetables or expired groceries allow bacteria to reproduce.
Now here are the hacks you can try to eliminate odor in the refrigerator:
- Baking Soda. It neutralizes malodorous food molecules. An opened box of baking soda in the ref can minimize, absorb or can eliminate overpowering odors like fish, spoiled cheese or old milk.
- White Vinegar. Another natural solution that can help to minimize odor of those microorganisms because of its acidic properties. Spraying a solution composed of water and vinegar can do, or you may place a glass of vinegar near the source of the smell. You can initially get the pungent smell of the vinegar but will just dissipate after leaving there for a few hours.
- Lemon. A good source of citric acid which can freshen up the fridge! You may soak cotton balls in the lemon juice and wipe it in the affected area of your fridge; you can cut the lemon in half and place it in a small dish; or you can squeeze the lemon juice in a spray bottle filled with water. Either way, it works.
- Coffee ground. Also effective in absorbing bad odors. Leaving coffee grounds in a small dish will replace the whole atmosphere of the ref with its coffee aroma.
- Oatmeal. This has properties to absorb oil and may help to get rid of the foul odor. Not to expect too much but can help with mild to moderate odor. Get an aluminum bowl and place the dry oats overnight. This will neutralize odor.
- Activated charcoal. Place a few pieces of activated charcoal in a small dish and leave it in your fridge for a few days. The pure carbon component is used in fish tanks to purify water and can catch, store, and neutralize stinky molecules. You can place a bowl with activated charcoal.
Contact Details of the site’s.
Aloha Maids has always been everyone’s one-stop house-cleaning partner. We are dedicated to providing you with the highest quality house cleaning services. If you wish to book for a house cleaning service near me, call us directly at (888) 99-ALOHA or visit our official website, www.alohamaids.com and schedule a cleaning appointment. For additional questions and inquiries, you may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Not only will you be able to enjoy the benefits of living in a clean and healthy home, but you’ll also have more time to spend with your family and friends. Take a vacation from house cleaning. Call us today!