If a house has a guest room, chances are your guests will stay quite a bit. And as a host, you would like to offer the cleanest, the freshest and the most comfortable space for the guests. You would like to get a house cleaning team to come over and help you prepare a very welcoming guest room but let’s take a look at those things you can get rid of to achieve this goal. But before decluttering, let’s talk about what you should look for when doing your decluttering.
Ideally you’ll gather together all the items that fall into each item type in the list below. That way you can see exactly what you’ve got at a glance.
- Duplicates – Pick the one you like best, that works well, and that you use the most. Have a backup if necessary, but let the rest go.
- Outdated – Unless sentimental, these can be let go of without effecting your life
- Broken – Decide whether it’s worth fixing, or whether you can simply let them go
- Used (and won’t be again) / Unused (and won’t ever be) – Why are you holding on to something that someone else may be able to use?
Done with the list above? Let’s proceed to the decluttering proper.
- Your personal items. These are the things you don’t like other people to see. Remove them now and keep them to your own room or somewhere else.
- Things that guest’s storage space. Although guests’ bedrooms are a brilliant place for extra storage for you, they also need to be able to house your guests’ items as well.
- Things taking up guests’ floor space. Just as with the storage space in #2, floor space needs to be freely available for guests so they can walk around safely.
- Inappropriate books/magazines. Pick suitable reading for the guests. Stay very ‘neutral’ with food magazines, home decor books, and general knowledge / quiz style items.
- Difficult to use items. Maybe you have a hair dryer that has a slightly faulty wire and you know how to use it yourself. But would you really want a guest to have an accident with it?
- Anything that makes sleep difficult. The main reason guests have a bedroom is so that they can sleep in it, so all your focus needs to be on or around the bed.
- Anything that’s past its best. As a good host, I’m sure you’ve put quite a few items in the room over time that will make your guests feel welcomed.
- Food. Decluttering food from your guest bedroom is essential for maintaining a clean and inviting space. Remove any perishable items, expired snacks, or food containers that may have accumulated over time.
So , what are you waiting for? Enjoy your declutter! And when the decluttering phase is done, proceed to the house cleaning routine. Remember, guests will stay not only in the bed but will be going around in all other common parts of the house. Ready a house cleaning list now or just easily get help from your favorite house cleaning crew.
Contact Details of the site’s.
Aloha Maids has always been everyone’s one-stop house cleaning partner. We are dedicated to providing you with the highest quality house cleaning services.. If you wish to book for a house cleaning service near me, call us directly at (888) 99-ALOHA or visit our official website, www.alohamaids.com and schedule a cleaning appointment. For additional questions and inquiries, you may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not only will you be able to enjoy the benefits of living in a clean and healthy home, but you’ll also have more time to spend with your family and friends. Take a vacation from house cleaning. Call us today!