Chinese New Year deep cleaning has been practiced by Chinese families for centuries. It is believed that this practice symbolizes sweeping away the bad luck from the past year and preparing for a fresh start in the new year. Tradition and superstition dictate that deep cleaning is opening up spaces for all the new so good luck will enter and infuse your life.
And over the years, many US households have adopted this deep cleaning Chinese New Year tradition now commonly known as Spring Cleaning. It may not be the same level of superstitious belief, but deep cleaning in this time of the year is perceived to supposedly prepare homes as the weather is slowly transitioning from winter to spring.
We know the routine for a deep cleaning process but let’s take a good recap:
- Declutter. Get rid of the things no longer needed.
- Dust and wipe. Wipe down surfaces including furniture and shelves.
- Windows and curtains. Some have blinds, make sure to do the interior and out.
- Floors. Don’t forget the corner areas, baseboard and consider shampooing carpets if needed.
- Kitchen area. Spend a lot of time here: fridge, oven, cabinets.
- Bathroom. Scrub tiles and grout, take down that dirty curtain shower, and disinfect.
- Bedrooms. Rotate mattresses if necessary, and wash bedsheets and pillowcases.
Done with the above? Pay attention to these additional tips from Chinese friends!
- Additional spaces like storage areas, garages, sheds, and vehicles should be deep cleaned. Don’t cut corners on these areas, you never know where stagnant energy and bad luck might still be lurking.
- Good luck won’t enter if the outside of your home is in disrepair—so make sure the outside of your home is also new year ready by making the exterior inviting to luck.
- Absolutely no cleaning can be done on the first day of the new year. Otherwise, you’re going to sweep out any good luck that found a place in your home.
Happy deep cleaning and Happy Chinese New Year!
Contact Details of the site’s.
Aloha Maids has always been everyone’s one-stop house-cleaning partner. We are dedicated to providing you with the highest quality house cleaning services. If you wish to book our cleaning services and schedule an appointment, call us directly at (888) 99-ALOHA or visit our official website, www.alohamaids.com. For additional questions and inquiries, you may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not only will you be able to enjoy the benefits of living in a clean and healthy home, but you’ll also have more time to spend with your family and friends. Call us today!