If you’re wondering what to do and where to go in California in December, then read on and prepare those winter coats!
With soothing sunshine, scattered rain showers and lower temperature, California weather is known to be frequently gorgeous in December, making it a Christmas-break treat for the family. So where should this grand December-escape take you? Look below!
- San Diego – Beaches can be empty but it’s still a favorite thing by some to take a walk on the shore. And who knows you may just get lucky to be able to spot gray whales who are migrating south from Alaska. It’s whale-watching season that starts kicking off mid-December so booking a harbor cruise is not a bad idea. One event you should not miss when you’re in SD is going to Balboa Park’s premier holiday festival with food, drinks, lights and free-admission to their museum, called December Nights. And one last thing, check out Parade of Lights over there in San Diego bay where you’ll get to see almost a hundred boats cruising and decking out in holiday lights!
- Palm Spring – The desert is in the southern side and known to be California’s warmest during December, making it a favorite winter-go-to because of it being the home of America’s largest residential holiday destination with over 8 million lights . Long known as a perfect get-away of Hollywood stars, you may stargaze or you can witness the soaring views of the desert or just enjoy the city’s famous mid-century modern architecture. The downtown has a line of galleries and stores you can check out and a day tour can take you to a botanical garden and birdwatching. If you have an hour to drive, go and see Joshua Tree National Park which is a home to many rock formations.
- Santa Monica – A more laid-back get-away is what you can get in Santa Monica, a wonderful beachtown situated West of LA. Stretching for several miles, the Santa Monica beach offers a more relaxing holiday break for the family. Trendy cafes are ready; full of restaurants prepared by the locals; and culture-centered experience is up when you visit attractions like Museum of Flying, California Heritage Museum and Santa Monica Camera Obscura.
- San Francisco – America’s greatest city that’s boasting with it’s eye-popping sites, multi-cuisine restaurants you can endlessly choose from and the high-spirited nightlife. Visiting The Golden Gate Theatre or The Curran is an emotion-feat with its amazing Broadway hits and shows. This undisputable city by the bay turns into a dazzling array of light displays and fireworks so don’t forget to bring with you your power bank and mobile chargers to make sure you’d capture them! You can also indulge in thrilling activities like ice-skating, which is of course a popular winter sport in the country.
- Monterey – One reason to bring your family here is the huge, spectacular and world-class aquarium-overlooking Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary that exhibits rich marine life like sea lions, sea otters, harbor seals, dolphins and sharks. Restaurants and cafes are made to cozy you up or if you want more thrill, go on a hike that will take your breath away. No snow, crisp air, no fog, often sunnier and overall beautiful weather, what more does an adventurous side of you ask for?
December-getaway can be short but it’s the perfect time to spend time with family, friends or just by yourself. Lights and fireworks are everywhere making a perfect picturesque with your dearest. Merry christmas and a happy new year!
Aloha Maids has always been everyone’s one-stop house cleaning partner. We are dedicated to providing you with the highest quality house cleaning services. If you wish to book our cleaning services and schedule an appointment specially that Christmas is coming, call us directly at (888) 99-ALOHA or visit our official website, www.alohamaids.com. For additional questions and inquiries, you may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not only will you be able to enjoy the benefits of living in a clean and healthy home, but you’ll also have more time to spend with your family and friends. It’s Christmas, and now is the perfect time for you to start using a cleaning service. Call us today!